After the company was founded in 1844, the first few decades in the history of Ferdinand Bilstein were marked by trade in procured and custom-made metal products.
In 1880 the core business shifted to the production of turned screws and nuts.
With the emergence of the automotive industry, the focus shifted on the supply business.
The patented spring bolt introduced in 1921 became the reference product. The "febi" brand name that still exists today was registered in 1923, the product range expanded significantly in the following years.
The sharp rise in exports led to the creation of company subsidiaries in various key markets.
Spare parts production for trucks began in 1951.
In the 1980s, a broad trading program was set up, which purposefully supplemented the product range from our own production.
To sharpen the brand profile, the product focus was placed on spare parts for German and European vehicle models in the mid-1990s.
In addition to the establishment of further international subsidiaries, the immense growth led to continuous expansion of the production area and logistics centre at the main location in Ennepetal.
Today, Ferdinand Bilstein distributes more than 34,000 repair solutions for passenger cars and commercial vehicles with the support of 20 foreign branch offices around the world.
Since 2012, the product brand febi has been part of the bilstein group that also anchors other renowned brands under its strong umbrella
Items 1-24 of 242